while you bring up some valid points, male and female are terms very rooted in gendered language and cissexism, and I think your argument would go over much more smoothly if you could find a different way to present the ideas
I refuse to tailor my language for the comfort of my oppressors. I am not oppressed for my gender or for some other way to “present the ideas.” I am oppressed because I was born a female, because of my vagina, which marked me as a second-class citizen from birth.
answered 8 hours ago
via sailorhater with 49 notes
Because drag celebrates, exaggerates or satirizes the performative aspects of the gender “women” without acknowledging that women themselves don’t have free choice to refuse to partake in the performance.
And the more oppressed the women, the more crucial performing “womanhood” becomes.
It’s easy to mock when your life, livelihood, and peace of mind is not dependent upon conformity to that which you mock
Hey hey hey hey.
Tomorrow afternoon starting around 4 we’re gonna trend #Fornever21 in protest of the Black Panther crop top Forever 21 is selling. This is a collab between thisiswhiteprivilege, whitepeoplesaidwhat, and weareallmixedup. Some good examples we’ve come up with so far:
"Colorism *image of a rainbow under it*"
"Stand your ground *image of red stilettos*"
"Stop and Frisk (me ;))"
"Ku Klux Kute"
Also within the tweets, you can include discussion points about cultural appropriation. Start coming up with ideas and stuff now so you’ve got plenty to tweet about tomorrow afternoon. Our goals are: 1) Get the gross ass shirt pulled from Forever 21. 2) Spark a conversation about cultural appropriation.
Get excited. Get pumped. Let’s make a whole lot of noise. Reblog this a couple of times between now and then so come 4pm-ish tomorrow we’ll be ready to trend it all evening.
Less than five hours until we trend this. Remember: the hashtag is #fornever21. “West Coast Panthers” was a nickname for the West Coast wing of the Black Panther Party. Removing this symbol from its cultural context and marketing it to white teenagers as vintage and trendy is appropriative and gross. Can you imagine what they would do to a person of color if we were caught wearing the Black Panther logo?
Later tonight we’ll be posting a collection of our favorite #fornever21 tweets. Get excited!
I read TFIOS out of curiosity and I hated it. I feel relieved to see that I'm not the only one who's disgusted by that dude.
Yeah, there’s plenty of us, and counting! #stopJonGreen2k14
answered 1 day ago
with 4 notes
What’s it like having sex with a feminist? I’d imagine it’d be really boring and you’d go to jail for rape after but like how do these people have healthy relationships that way?
Idk man, my gf’s pretty good
did this dude finally admit that he’s a dude or is he still pretending to be a WoC
I hate john green. He’s rude, close minded, and just an asshole in my opinion. here’s why:
- He romanticizes cancer. A deadly fucking disease.
- He shamed thin women / women with eating disorders and condemned those who’ve chosen to undergo cosmetic surgery “and then there’s the weird culturally constructed definition of hot which means that an individual is malnourished and has probably had plastic bags inserted into her breasts.”
- Made fun of and appropriated the important cultural holiday Cinco de Mayo by creating “Hanko de Mayo”.
- Quote from his book An Abundance of Katherines: “she was incredibly hot, in that popular-girl-with-bleached-teeth-and-anorexia kind of way, which was Colin’s least favourite way of being hot”
- Overrated for no reason.
- Every one of his pretentious piles of garbage is just compilations of obvious cliches, recycled versions of the same paper thin, overly relatable characters, laughable dialogue, and shitty situations that teenagers can relate to.
- The movie’s tagline is :”one sick love story” which is a joke about cancer.
- He’s extremely pretentious.
These are just few of the many reasons why i dislike john green. i could literally write a fucking essay on all the reasons because there are that many. Yet he never gets called out on his bullshit.
Ooh don’t forget where one of his main characters is a coercive fucking creep. And where he fridges women for male character development.
Charles Bukowski (via bittersweetsongs)
Wow bukowski so profound do you also bathe fully clothed you dickhead. “Oohh isn’t it funny that a person will eat when they’re hungry but will duck if you throw an apple at their face”